Thread: The PCR Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 01:28 PM

yes. thank-you Ronbill for your insightful and informative posts.

your statement “Without proper algae, there is no large zooplankton. Without large zooplankton, there is no planktivorous (forage) fish. And without planktivorous fish, there are no piscivorous fish (with time),” to me does sum up the current status of the ecology in question and makes sense. that combined with the determined current poor habitat (both walleye spawning/rearing and baitfish) noted by the SRD, brings me back to my questions posed back in post #100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daceminnow View Post
i wonder if there's any plans to improve the habitat. i know stream improvements in the province have been done to improve spawning and rearing grounds. is it possible for these same types of habitat improvements to be made in lakes and reservoirs as well? or is it just that PCR is a relatively new reservoir and it will take some time to develop new and better habitat for the young to utilize and survive? we stay out of it, and let the ecosystem look after itself and our fish.

if yourself as well as some of the other government connected members could comment on my questions, i’d like to hear any thoughts and suggestions concerning habitat improvements. one way or another.

thanks,

Dace