View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 09:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar270 View Post
You are punishing me if you wont let me hunt with a handgun because you feel someone may abuse the right. You may not agree with handgun hunting, but when you tell me I can't simply because you disagree with me, that is anti freedom. How would you like it if someone made the exact same argument and substitued rifles where you have handguns?

I dont ever intend to hunt with a crossbow, yet I support their use, and their use in bow season, and I am a bow hunter.

Oh and I have both report a poacher and the local wardens cell in my phone.
No, I'm not punishing you.
Yes, many will abuse the right.
Yes, I disagree with you
I'm am all for freedom, not anarchy.

And remember that I have mentioned that I hold an RPAL and own a handgun. So on many levels, we're on the same page. Let me ask you...why is it that you feel that handgun hunting is so important to you.? Is the 7lb, 24" barreled, scoped rifle slung across your shoulder not sufficient enough to do the intended job? Does the .357 Magnum Revolver on your hip make you feel like Billy the Kid? Do you not feel that having elected a Conservative majority government whom have promised to abolish the LGR good enough for you at a time when they are still going through the parlimentary process to abolish it good enough. Do you not realize that if you wish to build on something that you build it up stone by stone. Like yourself, I want to gain a lot more rights to transport my handgun, but you're going about it the wrong way. First you get people to come on your side with honey, not force. What you're asking for is way too much for most politicians to comprehend all at once. And besides, you're still gonna have to deal with the likes of ME who believe that your need to hunt with handguns is nothing more than a bully pressure to obtain a lesser thing. I've been hunting this land for 40 years (ages me), and I've seen the exponential growth of the idiotic moron, careless hunters, and new immigrants who've now got a free for all. Guys who should even be let out with a rubber band gun, never mind a hand gun. So. NO, I will never concede to hand gun hunting, in spite of the fact that I am a proud hand gun owner. As a matter of fact, if it were a political issue, I will even say that I'll stand against it. There would simply be too many hoops to jump through to make a specific handgun owner legal and responsible to go afield when you have to separate that same person from all the gangbangers out there. No way, not on my watch.