View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
I agree with gitrdun to a point. I do not think that a total ban on hand gun hunting is warranted, but I too agree that there are some idiots out there that will kill others, and possibly themselves. I do not want to be in bush with some of these idiots with a rifle, yet alone a pistol.

For my safety, I would like to see some kind of testing and licensing before you can hunt with a pistol. It is not to take away from the other guy, but to protect me and my son. We have too many idiots who make a "good sound shot" and see nothing wrong with that. Now imagine they are walking with a pistol in hand waving it around, all hyped up on adrenaline with buck fever.

I have a friend who is a crack shot at the range. Put him in front of a deer, and he couldn't hit it if it was 20 feet away. There are lots of people who just can't focus when they have a deer in their sights. Now give them a pistol that is possibly just marginal to make a clean kill. I think this is just bad news.

Redfrog, yes I may be "the other guy", but I know my limitations, and that makes all the difference.
Thanks for your partial support rmw. But, most already bitvch and complain about how we are over governed. So throw hand gun profiecency into the pot. Yet more to do for already overworked and understaffed F&G officers, or whomever would bare the responsibility. I can't believe the mayhem that it would cause, excuses for the gangbangers or the gun toting idiots out there. I've been scoped once this year and once last year by clowns that were allowed to carry long guns and were deemed "responsible" enough by the mere fact that they hold a PAL. The implications of those out there with handguns scare the crap outta me. As I said, not on my watch.