View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 10:22 AM

So far what I've learned from this thread is the following.

We should ban all scopes. Since I was unaware till now how prevalent scoping other people is, it's now become quite apparent that hunters cannot be trusted to carry binoculars to properly identify a target. Therefore we should ban all rifle mounted optics to prevent the idiots from scoping us.

We probably should make every firearm restricted, as there are so many idiots out there they should not be allowed to shoot anywhere unsupervised. If you want varmint control, or population control on your place, you can talk to the game warden who will find a government authorized and government trained firearms "expert" to come out and do all your animal control for you, that way there will be less wounded game, and less dangerous stray shots. After all the hundreds* of hunters shot every year in Alberta now by all the "idiots" has to stop. The government will send you a bill for the services of their professional shooters who are licensed to discharge a firearm outside of a range.

Basically the arguments I see against handgun hunting seem to be being applied in an effort to stop the above from happening, so why not address those issues directly?

* In case anyone missed it, I am being facetious about the number of hunters shot in Alberta, but based on the rhetoric in this thread, you would think there should be hundreds of accidents based on the behavior some seem to describe.