View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Scar - with respect - Your "scoping" analogy is the kind of argument that does nothing to advance the HG hunting position ...everybody knows it is wrong...everybody knows scopes will never be banned..so what purpose is there to introduce a dead end argument that suggests ---before you talk about HG hunting---this "scoping' issue must be cleared up. I suggest we not try to drag in too many diversionary arguments and focus on strategy that has potential to gain ground. To that end, I suggested early on that if we are serious about intoducing HG hunting... we need to bend over backward with accomodations, compromises, etc to get our toe in the door. Just standing outside the door and shouting "I have a right" has never produced results regarding handgun use...that is the reality. As I advocated earlier, we need to take the "anti" arguments and come up with positions that adress some of their concerns. Bashing them, just because they are "anti" will not convince them...

Sorry 260, I maybe didn't make my point clear. My point was that those on hear who seem to be opposed to handgun hunting, seem to be because of idiots with long guns. I was simply trying to point out how ridiculous their arguments are. Also trying to point out that if they were really concerned about what they are going on about, these are the things they should be asking for, not a handgun hunting ban.

I would not support either of the idea's I brought up in the post you are referring too. My apologies for not making that more readily apparent.