View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 04:23 PM

added these numbers 1067 on CRC and Gregg mine 2011 and 250 on Grande Cache mine site.. used to be 350 to +400 in 438 before mine this years 260 some outside mine..

Dale the point was that the hunter numbers kills has not gone up there for it is mother nature

in any given range at any given year there could be a die off

there is say 300 legal rams since 1970 s we (hunter s) take 150..

the mines are keeping 250 rams on property that never leave or very little.. 438 numbers of rams kill by hunting has not change much .. but the number of rams in huntable(less now) areas has!! and the chance of disease that lead to die off has increased drastically. and the sad things like horn rot /over grown hoof/selinium(160 sheep dead in 6hrs google)/heavy metal etc(spills) contamination like Montana..one ewe two years ago came in to esteris and the big rams open up her stomach and she was walking on her inards as rams after ram mounted her there was about 25 rams there the guys said it was sick to watch ..dead next morning..out of balance mother nature. no conservation principles used .. risk access needs to be done

CWD site has a study done to see what if and issue of animals gathering in one area it is on there site done by U of Sask and CWHC for Parks Canada and Sask & Man Gov.. jist don't have animals bunching up in one area

David