View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by latenite View Post
It's quite obvious, this a very sensitive issue. No, we can't ban sleds or atvs from lakes. I have driven both, and love doing it very much. I think what can be derived from all the comments on this thread is, ice fisherpersons wish off road machines didn't come so close to them, and offroaders need some space which an open lake can provide. It has been said there will always be inconsiderate operators of these machines, but I believe the onus is on the first person training them. When you teach your kids to drive, do you tell them to speed down the road, or drive the speed limit? Do you tell them to respect pedestrians and cyclist? I have been annoyed by offroaders literally screaming by me going way faster than they need to NEAR people. IMHO, there is a whole lake,giver #### out there,but be a little more respectful around pedestrians. Will attitudes ever change regarding this subject, maybe not, but I hope so.
I think that Is the whole problem the post prior to your is my perfect example. the offending sledder had 99.9% of the lake to use as they wish . still they need to show off to the one other person on said lake happens all most every time I see a sled or quad on the ice just down right ignorant. are off hiway machine a sign of ignorance or ignorance a sign of an off hiway user. not attacking any one just a observation!