View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 06:50 PM

Wow.. amazing the attacks. Funny, how I'm automatically labelled a liberal. Trust me, if I could vote in Canada, I would certainly be voting conservative. Why does one view on handguns make me a liberal...

I also think the gun registry was a joke. I brought two guns up with me from the States and attempted to get them verified by ten different volunteer verifiers. It never got done, finally wrote a letter to the firearms center and they were registered. I can't see anyone with criminal intentions going through this much trouble.

You're right, I didn't provide any stats of my own. I was speaking from my own experience of actually living in the States, not from You Tube videos I watch. It's really not worth my time as I'm pretty confident you'll fight me to the grave on whatever I post. I'm confident I could find stats to back my argument just as you could too. We can make the numbers say whatever we want to... If I posted stats, you guys would try to blow holes through them, which many I'm sure would be legitimate arguments, just as I did with Dave's stats. I was really hoping Dave would provide some info that would convince me differently as I'm trying to keep a very open mind on this debate. I agree with CaberTosser, it's just about impossible to compare apples to apples. The race issue is huge down there and something I'm so grateful we don't deal with here.

I'm really trying to compliment you on what I believe is great system we have here in Canada, minus the gun registry. I guess, you're right again, I'm selfish in hoping it doesn't change in the name of "hunting"...

Last edited by Element; 01-02-2012 at 07:02 PM.