View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
So many conflicting opinions. Don't want to take a chance on screwing up a new engine.

Just talked to the folks at eskimo, she says to definitely stay with the 50:1 (amsoil interceptor is fine) but jump to a premium fuel with low ethanol.

Where can I get rid of some fuel? Anyone here want a gallon of regular 50:1 premix?

Supposed I can throw it in the car and deal with a bit of smoke?
As far as disposing of a couple liters just dump it in the car. Won't know it's there. Never done it but if using the good amsoil that says 100:1 right on the bottle i would mix at that. Have read many guys that say not to go richer. I had some problems with my Z71 this year too. Would start pretty good and run ok but if I shut it down and then tried 5min later it would not start. Dumped gas, mixed up some premium with bel ray syn, changed plug and still no good. Took carb apart to clean up and since I couldn't get a rebuild kit bought a new one. Started after 2 pulls ran it good for 5min then after 10min off would not start again. Took it to a shop and they stuck another new plug in and now starts 2 pulls every time and runs way better than ever. I prime it 2 times or if the bulb is empty until it fills then 2 times. Have yet to try when cold out though. The carb has one adjustment screw on top and as far as Eskimo said 1 3/4 turns out from seated and that's where mine is at now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed everything keeps running right. Almost tossed it and went and bought a new strike master pro laser. After only 1 year.