Thread: Worldviews
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnodisiac View Post
Yes, I understand his philosophy.

And by and large, he certainly comes across as one of the most reasonable Christian evangelists.

But, the fact remains that in his estimation, if you look at your own world view and analyze them "correctly," Christianity is the only logical path to end up on.

Is this a reasonable one-sentence summary of his position relating to world views?

Edit: I find Wikipedia a relatively reliable source for neutral information, which also has easily-accessed references to cross-check information and to scan for distortions and misuse and in general, is a good starting ground for basic debate and discussion whereby people require quick information.
No. One sentence cannot summarize his world view.

So, I take it you've heard from some unreasonable Christian evangelists? Reasonableness is not what should be judged. How would an unreasonable Christian Evangelist become reasonable in your mind? By some denunciation of faith? That would not be a reasonable course for any Christian. Not that Christians have never denounced there faith........but that is what is to be judged......faith, as opposed to reasonableness.

You may have read the wiki pages on him but I do not believe, by the content of your text, that you actually listened to the recording. Granted, it is rather longish, but it is not about proclaming Christianity as the logical path.