Thread: Worldviews
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 08:21 AM

Evangelists. To my thinking, it's a farce. There is a message, yes. But then comes the donation pail.....someone has to pay for the fancy suits and elaborate lifestyle of the evangelist.....

Don't get me wrong. I don't believe you have to be poor and walk the streets like Cain from "Kung Fu" to be a true messenger ....but....

Jesus taught in fields, at the side of the road, in town squares.

He didn't need some massive church to enter and be surrounded by Italian tiles and elaborate wooden alters and gold chalices.

His words were simple. Be good, help the poor, be thankful, be forgiving, ask forgiveness......and many other men have done the same thing.

I believe the Earth was created for us to try and figure out. I just can't buy into the idea that there was an explosion and everything just fell into place. The world is far too majestic and wondrous for it to be a fluke.

Albert Einstein was right:
"Science without Religion is lame. Religion without Science is blind"

People need to be tolerant of others beliefs. I am tolerant of atheists, Muslims, Raelians, etc......I don't agree with them mostly, but I respect their beliefs. If we clash, I welcome it. Debate is good. I know I won't change their view, nor do I care to. Neither will they change mine. As long as they don't try to force their beliefs on me, we get along fine.

Last edited by huntinstuff; 02-09-2012 at 08:29 AM.