Thread: Worldviews
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 08:35 AM

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 762Russian View Post
It was an asteroid that killed the critters, and the idea of the global flood has been roundly disproved a dozen times over.
So, an asteroid killed everything? And then life started over again? So where would we find this asteroid? You can prove it definitively, can't you?

Quote:
Yes, because having mountains of data and evidence and proven theory all supporting evolution is all just so much marsh gas. Nothing at all on a collection of short stories and fairy tales written by shroom addicted madmen two thousand years ago.
Actually a lot more evidence for creation. I haven't met the human scientist yet who could replicate life. If it was so easy and natural, we'd see it every day.

Oh, wait...there was those guys who zapped some "soup" and made wait for it.... life? No; wrong! They succeeded in making amino acid; you know the building blocks of life. Except it was just amino acid and that type would not support life.

Quote:
So were you there to see your god do it? Your arguement means nothing because it applies to the skyman as well. Difference is, science has facts; no belief is needed, no faith either, because those do not apply to facts.
There were enough people to see when it happened, so they wrote about it. It's called the Bible.

Quote:
Indeed I would; defy physics for me and I'll happily start believing in something. It certainly wouldn't the child-murdering psychopathic Abrahamic skyman, but it might be something. Zeus, probably. Maybe Odin; I do like the Norse.

I have established a challenge for any mystic beings out there that want me to believe; Levitate my Ford Explorer some 30 feet in the air, make it circle the town three times without touching anything, then set it back down on the roof of my house, all while I am watching.
You were born a couple, few thousand years too late!

Quote:
After that, I'll believing anything. Until then, it's all just mystics and delusion and shamans wanting an easy ride on the backs of gormless, fearful simple folk.
You already believe "anything". Strained at the gnat, and swallowed the camel.