View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 08:07 PM

Default Nov 27

After a nice trip to Mexico its back to some coyote hunting today but unfortunately the wind was howling. Warm and windy…. Not exactly coyote calling type weather, so I drove down to a hog farm in hopes of snipering one with the 6BR. Only seen one coyote and it was out of range.
From there I drove a couple miles and walked along a ravine in hopes of catching one mousing but seen nothing. As I started to walk back to the truck I did notice a couple of magpies land in the field to the south of me, I glassed the area and spotted what looked like the head of a coyote. Sure enough there was a coyote bedded down on a clump of straw. The best part was the coyote wasn’t looking my direction so all that was required was a short sneak which put me in position for a shot. The range finder said 228 yards and I zoomed up the scope and settled the cross hairs on fur.
The picture below is exactly how I found the coyote when I walked up… still curled up but in for a much longer nap than originally intended!