View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 02:18 PM
camogirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtoad View Post
I voted "yes" but not because I like more regulations but because of how many times I've seen on this and other forums people saying they caught something (like a brown trout) and then you look at the pic and it's a rainbow. Possession limits are another thing that too few know much about.

And education of youth for C&R and lower retention is a good thing but I just don't think some people get it. Look at HunterDave, he's been "educated" several times on this thread and others and he still hasn't learned much of a lesson.

There a couple of very easy solutions to do this without infringing on anyone's "freedoms."
- option 1- roll it into the hunting course and call it an outdoorsman course. At least put fish identification into it. Any new WIN users would need to take the course but everyone else gets grandfathered in. I don't think that would infringe on anyone's rights would it?

- option 2 - Make all fishing licenses only available online. Before you can buy your license, you have to have read through the regs (that will also be online) and take a test with 10 random questions from the regs to make sure that you actually read through the thing. When you get 10/10 you get a password to get your license. My vote is for this one because it's simple, fast, cheap, but would be effective. How many of us grab the regs and then never open the thing? A ton, I'm sure.

Cheers.
yes! i like this post !