Thread: bear hides
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 12:35 PM

Default High and mighty???

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural.born.fawn.killer View Post
What about shooting one for a skull on your mantel and a tanned hide on the wall. Or donate the hide to halford or give it to someone. Who cares if he holds a tag and shoots one legally. I don't plan on eating the meat and I will bleach the skull and tan the hide. Am I a bad sportsman? I don't want to shoot one with a camera, I want a big bruin laying beside my bow. Sounds like theres a linching mob on here ready for bear hunters who don't make delicious spring bear roasts. Please keep your high and almighty comments to yourself, this guy is doing nothing wrong!!!!!!!!

Oh forgot to add the only thing that can't go to waste on a bear is the hide.
I have not said any high and mighty comments. Myself I consider bear as a trophy hunt and cant wait for the day I put a monster boar on the ground, but guess what Ill be bleaching the skull and putting the hide on the wall. I will also be cutting a roast out as I have never had bear before so gotta try it. What i gathered from the OP is he just wants to shoot er kill one, take a pic or two and walk away. So if hes not keeping meat, or fur, or skull (assuming) why kill one??