Thread: Worldviews
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
I think that i have an answer for the back and forth between 30 cal and covey ridge.

orthodox (not the denonmenation but the defination) christians believe in a couple of creeds and confess them. The apostles creed the nicine creed and the athanisian creed. My guess is that 30 cal would have no problem confessing a couple of them. My other guess is that Covey would not. Please feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

The way i see it a true or bible believing christian believes some basic truths
1) God is a trinity (father son holy spirit)
2) Jesus is fully god but fully man
3) Jesus literally and physically died on the cross
4) Jesus death paid the penalty of sin (free gift but must be accepted)
5) Jesus was literally and physicaly resurected from the dead and believers look forward to the resurction that they will experience

The above list are pretty much what the creeds define but with an elagance i dont have.
Does not take a genius to guess where I stand. Add to the list that I think an historical Jesus may not have existed and that's me.

I think that mankind has been spiritual right from the beginning and has many inventions in an attempt to connect with his spiritaul nature. Many are recorded as mythical stories that end up in the text of religions. Some believe the stories as literal and some do not and some don't think at all and believe what religious people tell them about the stories. We are allowed free choice, however some will tell is we are going to eternal punishment if we make the wrong choice. I for sure do not buy that and have no problem with those that do as long as they don't insist I buy their faith or I might suffer this eternal damnation. I am one they might label as being a cafeteria type. Whats wrong with that? I do have a choice what I eat. It says so right in their Holy Book. Because I do not believe in the literal I think that pondeing the stories under the story may give one a key to spiritual enlightenment and I think that the religious texts of the world are food for the soul. Some may even think that is mushy bull poop! I really do not care!
If I was in an evangelical church, I would let the Holy Rollers have their say and would not even squeek. This is an open forum and I think it is good to suggest that they not be so smug. They probably think it is a good thing to warn me that I am on my way to hell. I guess that is their marching orders