View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 08:34 AM
chevy427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Andersen View Post
chevy427,

I agree that Govt should be doing it's job. Well it hasn't happened. AF&G for over 30 years pressured the Govt to increase enforcement. What that taught us is slamming your head against a wall only feels good when you quit. When enforcement was increased it was through private/public partnerships like Streamwatch which has nothing to do with AF&G. We now have enforcement folks on a large part of the Eastern Slopes all summer.

regards all,

Don
I know the AFGA has tried to lobby for enforcement.

What I was getting at Don, was I believe funding needs to be restored to SRD across the board. My comments were largely centered around supporting those in SRD who I think do a good job not only in enforcement. We need to change the governments attitude that any government portfolio is an unfunded liability, and get them to look after the resource we all own.

I commend the efforts of initiatives like streamwatch, but I can't help but wonder if the government views this as more opportunity to wash its hands of responsibility.

I know it is likely a pipe dream with this government. They have multi billion dollar surpluses in their budget and still want us to pay for healthcare