View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 208prov View Post
Your right with everything you said, But i was told by an officer that you need amooring point (a marina) this topic has came up lots in the meadow lake provincial park, a ton of people went out and bought new pontoon boats with bathrooms and the wardens said that no boat can be on the water with booze cause there is no mooring point, It is classed as a marina he says, not sure if this is 100% true but its their lives in risk. I dont take booze in my boat, i still remember my dads best friend that fell out of the boat taking a leak and then drowned.
Not doubting what you were told, just doesn't add up. Houseboats find a beach and it's all good. I go up the lake, anchor in a little bay, and it's all good. It sounds like you were chatting with a park warden, I wouldn't put too much into that. I have had many conversations with them, they seem to think they know every rule in the book, from fishing regs to how to build a rocket but when you show them otherwise, usually they say, oh they must have changed that...lol...Just from my own personal interactions with them.
Normally I don't have booze in the boat except if we are doing a 2 or 3 day adventure up the lake, or take some friends out for an evening cruise.