View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 04:32 PM

In all honesty I agree with just about everything here. But we are human. Mistakes and accidents happen. I'm sure every body on here today has made a mistake. It's our nature to make mistakes. All of us also use this natural resource we call oil. There is a couple points in my discussion I want to touch on. 1000 years ago oil naturally flowed and released out of the ground. California was actually built on tar sands. Where today they still find fossils in these prehistoric ruptures. Where animals would get trapped in it suffer, and die. This has happened for thousands of years. Now the amount and quantity of these holdings were not as large on a scale. But effected populations of animals that relied and lived in these swamps. The worlds markets depend on us (Alberta). The world needs oil. It is unfortunate that the countries we supply with this natural resource can not help, support the accidents that may not be able to be prevented or stopped. There's a fixed price for oil. But when you buy a bottle of pop or a case of beer. You pay a deposit. Assuming your gonna wanna get that buck back you recycle it. Meaning, if there was an extra couple dollars a barrel that went to clean ups, preventative maintenance and up to date technology. There is a possibility that these accidents can be minimized. But no way can it ever be stopped completely, sorta like when you throw that pop bottle out that's only worth $.05. Human error will always happen.
This is non the less in my mind a tradigity I love fishing, hunting ducks and geese who all rely on our outdoors here. I don't work for any big wig company in Calgary. I live in a small city called Camrose. I work for an advertising firm. I want to make it clear, that we should not judge or curse what's has happened. Because it will always happen, for the rest of our time and our children's time and so on. What we need to fix is where some of the money from oil is actually going. How when these spills, leaks begin to happen, if we had better response and faster technology showing pressure sensors in designated zones. There is lots we could probably do to minimize the possibilities. But when it comes down to it, we're human. And until I meet someone who has never made a mistake, or never forgot his pliers or bait, or beer going fishing. We have to accept the nature cause of human error.