View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
And again, it's not the mechanics, it is the bosses. My buddy irks for a shop in Lloydminster, gets $22.00 per hour plus $13.50 for every hour booked. He starts at 08:00, and says it is quite common practise to bill out from 6-11 hours in a 4 hour period. He charges out 3-4 x the amount of time he has actually worked, plus coffee breaks?

The mechanics will say "it is book rate as determined by the manufacturer, which is essentially a worst case scenario, but we are so good we can do it in a fraction of the time, you are paying for our expertise."

No, we are paying for the new vehicles, the holidays, the giant house, the boat, sleds, quads, fishing, hunting, etc for the owner of the shop.

Ain't it grand?
And dont forget...alot of the times a mech will be working as fast as he can so he can beat the book rate and make the garage boatloads of money...a fast mechanic can bill out 18-20 hours a day but only really put in the 8 hours...now that has never sat very well with me,it usually leads to shoddy workmanship...and i would guess that most of us have been bitten by that bug. My buddy owns his own garage ( franchise which i wont mention the name) and i will not even take my stuff to him as i have heard right from him how they can and do...gouge the general public if they think they can get away with it...the odd guy that catches on to them...well they just explain that it was some sort of error and then reduce the invoice cost in the hopes that the person goes away feeling good about being ripped off! This buddy of mine is always after his mechanics to go faster on every job so they can soak up all those hours they can bill you for even though the mechanic was done way sooner...that kinda ripp off is almost as bad as the gov't rip offs we have to deal with...ARRRRGH!! Anyway,i will hang out with my buddy as he is a good guy that is working in an industry full of con men trying to gouge us for every penny they can get from us poor unsuspecting general public pee on's. And that is fact!!!

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip