View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I was out, but you bring up a good point.

Tires- when I was doing collections for all the tire shops, I knew what exact cost is for them. Then when I worked for the distributor for 5 years, another update.

Want to know why tires are twice as much or more here compared to the USA? Because we are stupid enough to pay that much. Markup on many tires is 200-400%, absolutely ridiculous.

When you are told they are only making $20.00 per tire, it is not an outright lie, the head office may be putting the cost on the computer the salesman sees to only be a small margin, but the truth is they make a killing on us.

The last 8 tires I bought new were from the USA, shipped by courier and many hundreds of dollars cheaper.

Back to shop supplies- when the shop uses 6 pieces of paper towel, 2 squirts of liquid wrench and a shot of hand cleaner, why do they bill me for 4 rolls, a full can and a jug of fast orange?
I can totally understand why guys get upset at some of the charges incurred while fixing thier truck.I have never and nor would I ever think of charging 10% for shop supplies,that is riduculous.I stated earlier that we charge 2-2.5%.A $250 invoice would leave the customer with about a $6 charge.I think that is fair.Guys that are charging more are really giving us a bad name.On a side note every vehicle that rolls thru our doors gets washed and scrubbed.I guess its just another reason that 2.5% makes sense to me.