View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
LOL I take it you've never worked on a service rig.

Sure its dangerous job, I'll hand that to you. But I'm also sure, that there are seminars, and think teams who sit down with all levels, and decide what could be done to prevent a tragedy each time it happens. This is what will happen, and changes will be made. I'm sure if fire retardant workwear was not mandatory, and a rig had a blow out / fire, and guys burnt to death, all the workers would be in outrage and changes would be made. People have a hate on for law enforcement, because they - their friends or someone they heard of broke the law and had a bad encounter. We're not all bad apples, and don't like to be labelled as.

Also - Someone referred to the fella Blake spoke about who was blind - asking how could he become a PO than - answer - we were in house protective services prior to the creation of Community Peace Officers in Alberta. When that came out, we all had to pass physical tests, be re interviewed, and were selected. Even the people who somehow made it past that, some didn't last long. As for asking 'why was he hired anyways' I'm pretty sure people lose their eyesight and there is nothing you can do about it... you'll probably lose yours before your heart stops beating... hope you don't have to change careers because of it.

Friday August 24, 2012 is the public memorial in High River. Unfortunately, I cannot attend. I know many of my colleagues plan on attending, and showing their respect for a man who gave his life in the line of duty. For that, we should all pay tribute. The man has a wife, children, and grandchilder. For god's sake quit trash talking the group of us, and show some respect for this man. He's not just a Peace Officer. He has a name.
His name was Rod Lazenby.