View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 09:35 AM

Default Respect

I fully agree we all need to respect the rights of landowners, one usefull tool I found throughout my days and am seeing very little of anymore is the "Use Respect" signs that gave you a contact number and sometimes an address to meet and obtain permission. It is getting harder to gain access and myself get frustrated but still respect the landowners rights. I find that in some areas you need multiple county maps to find the landowner and the property size and leases. I just got turned around on a range road the other day by some younger guy that could have been more polite but I did turn around even though I was on a dead end range road because I was not certain if it was his land or if it was Lease/private or public. In order for me to get a county map I had would have had to travel 150km, that being said I was just scouting and glassing for Nov. and will get the necessary maps and go forward from there. I think we as respectful hunters get tarnished from the few that abuse and disrespect land. Maybe one day we will be able to hunt on our own public land that is leased put without any hassles. When I was in the States there were some landowners that had a great system. There were certain access points that you signed in then it was foot access only or you could travel the trails/roads with your vehicle. Maybe there should be something implemented here in AB or set up an electronic registration/sign in process for the land you wish to go on through the Wild website.