View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
I'm not following some of you. Pull over so you can pass, really!!!

Where does that come from?

If I am doing significantly less then the speed limit, you bet I'll pull over for most people. But If I'm doing the limit or a bit more?

First I have no legal or moral obligation to encourage you to continue exceeding the speed limit. And second, I used to pull over for everyone who wanted to pass, no matter how fast or slow I was going.
Less then one in one hundred ever gave even the slightest indication that they appreciated me doing so. Rather they frequently indicated that they thought I either hadn't got out of their way soon enough or they considered me to be a sucker for pulling over for them.

Then one day I was given a ticket for driving on the shoulder because I pulled over for what I thought was just another motorist.

Now I only pull over if I doing considerably less then the speed limit.

One thing time has taught me. People who tailgate, run HID lamps, refuse to dim, run fog lights when meeting others, exceed the limit by wide margins, pass when it is unsafe and generally drive like idiots have zero respect for other drivers.

Why would I pull over for someone who treats me with utter contempt?

Keg. i would be one of the less than one in one hundred that would have appreciated you pulling over for me to pass (plus you'd a gotta wave and a quick session on the hazards as a thank you) :- )