View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Boone View Post
Bowhunters or any hunters that can not see both sides of an argument are the true jokes.
Some of you guys with your whole hearted sense of entitlement is the true joke.

If you truly are as hardcore, bad to the bone bow hunters as you all pretend to be!

Then why would you not be fighting for a bow only season?
So that if you bow hunt for a particular species, then you cant hunt with any other weapon during any other season for that one species?

Maybe your only pretending to be hardcore bow hunters. And rights be known you only use the bow season waiting for boom stick to open.

I know if I was as hardcore into bowhunting as I was a fee years back, I would happily embrace a bow only season like this for 3 reasons.

1, It would eleminate 90 percent of the so called bow hunters in the woods
2, chances are most every animal would be draw free
3, it would be a lifetime before we ever saw bow draws for mule deer.

Just because you choose to hunt mule deer with a bow, would not mean you could not still apply or buy rifle tags for other species.
But you would forfeit your mule deer draw for that year if you stated you will be bowhunting mule deer that fall.

Jeez, the greed of some amazes me!
So I am a little confused. Can you please explain this to me?

You are saying that bowhunters should be happy to have a bow only season? Pretty sure there already is one.

Then you are saying if you decide to hunt mule deer with a bow then you can't hunt it with a rifle. Isn't this how it is already? Well at least for 4-5 years it is I think. So theoretically your plan is to have bowhunters declare to hunt with a bow until they have built up enough priority until they can draw a rifle tag. Isn't this exactly what we have now?

I guess I need a little more explanation as I can't see how your plan is any different than what we have now and I certainly can't see how this plan is going to help mule deer numbers.

I can see how this plan would work for species on a general tag like elk or whitetail. If you hunt elk in bow season you can't hunt them in rifle and vice versa but for the life of me I can't figure out how this helps mule deer hunting.