View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 11:47 PM

Bow hunters are not the only problem. Mismaagement is the largest issue in deed. Land owner tags are going no where, outfitter allocations will never decline.

I have witnessed the slaughters first hand, may have even contributed. I shot a 170 mule deer in 232 during the slaughter. I did not shoot any does or small bucks though. But looking back I wish I had no part in it at all.

Just so you know I am not a deer hunter, I hunt deer. But only shoot every 3-4 years if that.
I've been within bow range of some beautiful WT and mule deer but they needed more years before harvest. I will not shoot a mid size deer with bow just because I'm using a bow.

If I wouldn't shoot it with rifle, why shoot it with bow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by muledeerking View Post
Nothing here is broken other than people keep abusing the system we have hear. You seem like you mite be from somewere else. Well if there system is so much better move there and be happy. No our herds in Alberta suck now. In early 90's herds were awesome and there were lots of deer and big deer. Now with srd and outfitters and landowner tags it leaves nothing but garbage for resident to try for a chance. So no I dont want change on bowhunters. I want land owner tags GONE first second NR tags way down or gone. Then if they prove factual evedence. No your or orthers here say. I will bite on a change. I hunt all over the provice and guided all over. So I have seen what is going on in our province. MISMANAGED is the problem...... NOT bowhunters. If that was not true I would not be a priority 6 for mule deer and still cant draw a tag in a few zones that are crawling withe deer and they give out almost nothing for tags....