View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim summit View Post
Know the feeling, on north end of the line have not caught a single marten over 3 weeks, and the other end 17 marten and couple fisher. 25+ miles of trail and intresting to see the difference. Some tracks on north end but just won't commit to the trap. Have close to 80 sets out so not that great a catch ratio.

We've been having cold weather and snow most every day. Hoping they'll move when it warms up.
Snow dust hangs in the air when it gets so cold.

And X2 on the traps in the shed, we gotta get more Lynx sets going.
Thats the way it goes then one day it's like someone flicked a switch and the traps are full of fur. Some warmer blue bird sky days would help alot to get them moving. I can smell my sets from 20 yards away so I'm sure once a marten passes it will make a beeline for the set.
Seen some snowed in lynx tracks and one fresh set right through my cubby pen before I got a chance to set it! Rabbit population looks good so won't be long until I connect with a cat. Lost 2 last year, completely eaten by other lynx. Just the head left in the snare and that was on 3 day checks. I think if they find eachother still warm and thawed they lay down and start feeding. Last year we had some real warm spells so I like the cold we have been getting.