View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
I have no doubt deer numbers are way down where you live...that was kind of the whole point of the cull. You seem determined to debate the merits of the cull with me and I haven't stated an opinion. I understand why they did it but I haven't stated whether I agree or not......since we are talking about assumptions. Let's not hijack this thread anymore and stick to discussing baiting...not whether the CWD cull was merited or not because you have no idea where I stand and haven't done me the courtesy of asking

There in no assumption in the fact that crowding deer in an area where they urinate and deficate on food spreads disease more readily. It's just a simple fact. That's why I don't want to see baiting in Alberta...nothing to do with ethics. Pretty much the same way I look at game/hunt farms.
OK sheep
Since you are determined to skate the question, Here it is....Give us all your thoughts on what went down in Alberta along the border , based on alot of assumptions
"There in no assumption in the fact that crowding deer in an area where they urinate and deficate on food spreads disease more readily. It's just a simple fact. "
Now I believe you made an assumption baiting for a short period of time wasn't going to spread the disease ...... And from your comment I think your assuming they were able to achieve 100% and kill every deer that came in contact with the deer baits they had put out ,
"I supect so they could cull a whole lot of deer in a very short period of time."

So give us your thoughts please on the deer cull by the srd using baiting techniques
Thanks in advance