View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
its the old thing ive been saying for years....dumb mules vs smart whitetails. even a guy with a proven track record and a full time job hunting cant cosistently produce a giant whitetail....but no problem with the donkeys.

its hands down my favorite show on wild. you might be easier to impress than i am though. the team is somewhere around 14 members if i recall. on each of their first two seasons, i have seen several real good bucks taken, with a couple truly great bucks to boot.

i know of a few single albertans that do no use bait whose past 14 years could be described every bit as good or better. ill say it again....pouring a bucket of grain on the ground is no magic pill for killing a big buck.

as for the whole cwd discussion.....i cant believe there are so many uneducated hunters given the half dozen multi page threads that have shown all the facts known about the disease on this forum. i wont bother again. anyone who doesnt have the facts by now doesnt want to be bothered to learn them.
Well I am sure you have at least seen the Sask hunting forum, if not go have a look. They had a trail cam picture contest going that runs around 40 pages, it's pretty awesome. Most of the pictures are on huge bait piles with blinds set up close. The majority have before and after pics posted, from velvet to hard horned to dead. Question for you ISB if its -20 below end of November a buck is run down from the rut and as most big bucks are mostly nocturnal. He has to eat and needs high protein food to get him through the winter. His choices are a bait pile in th middle of 320 acres of bush that he fed on all year or a wide open 160 acre field where he has to make his self vulnerable during daylight hrs. Which one do you think he. Will go to? I agree baiting is not a sure thing but done correctly I would say it increases your odds signifacantly!