View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
Thanks David, but well...... Apples to apples may be a better way to convince me of this science applied to our wonderful province

Wisconsin deer density and climate are no way even close to what we see here in Alberta. In some parts of Wisconsin, deer density is reported at near 100 per sq/mile where in Alberta reports show 1 - 2 per sq/km. Climate as well plays a major role in all aspects of our discussion, Wisconsin has a very mild climate compared to what even the Southern areas of our province experiences during our winter months.

Back to baby steps, Sask has thousands of artificial bait piles, so of course there is an increase in risk of concentration. Now we should also see at least a trend showing an increase in positive testing results in the whitetail deer, but we don't. But them darn floppy eared dumb ones who don't typically visit artificial bait sites do seem to have a higher increase in positive test results.... Humm, must be something in the water then

the report was writen for Wisconsin and used the reports from Sask/Man/Parks Canada and their material if you read the reports on the link i provided you will understand where he got his material and they all say that higher numbers are not healthy but i am not a scientist

In Alberta we have a spot were we have 170 ungulates per square mile and its like canned hunting as its like artifical feeding and baiting of them just saying

Did you read any of those papers that they list because it will open your eye's and you are assuming alot with no backing or do you have anything to backup what you are saying in your theories

David