View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKON View Post
It isn't an assumption, basing it on the number of heads submitted along the border to find a handful of effected deer..... Is it?.... Do a few hundred heads , and road kills submitted around a cwd deer or elk farm clear the western side of the province of cwd? Would it be a waste of money to have done a mandatory head submission in these zones to get accurate data and possibly slow the spread to other zones from around the cwd elk farms?
I think your afraid of finding cwd further west then you have been led to believe.....You continue to dodge my questions , just like another poster

they did do survailance in those areas and have got no postive deer and if they were dieing of it we hunters would find the bodys and turn them inI'm gonna be nice and call this statement skewed...
Nikon
David
I"m basing some assumptions on data like this , based on this would you feel a few hundred sample collected along with random road kills submitted province wide or around a Known infected deer or elk farm ( west of the border around Edmonton)accurate enough to declare the western side of the province cwd free?....Yes or NO? Easy to answer it's one or the other with out throwing another link up

Testing of the fall hunter samples for CWD has now been completed. Out of more than 2,900 deer heads submitted, four diseased deer were found. This brings the total to 17 cases confirmed in wild deer in Alberta, which was first detected in 2005.
http://www.alberta.ca/acn/200702/210...5C4CEA186.html