View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Do you realize that at present, Landowner Licences are offered on an Unlimited Quota? Available Draw Licences are being reduced in some WMUs because of the number of Landowner licences being issued. Resident Hunters are losing opportunity to hunt Public land because they cannot get a tag, as these tags are going to Landowners.

If this trend continues, the only Mule deer tags available will be through Outfitters or Landowners.

^^^ See the light Boys....

When Landowner Licences were first introduced, they were limited to 10% of the tags available through the draw system. It is time to get Landowner Licences back on a quota.
I agree with most of your post WB , however I can't figure this one . Just cause Landowner licences are on an unlimited basis , it doesn't mean that all landowners get one or even fill the tag ! Kinda like saying there could be too many drivers so let's stop making cars . As to posts on here saying that landowners think they own the wildlife on their property , maybe a few have that attitude but for the most part the majorety of ranchers do a decent job of allowing hunters on their property to shoot " their deer ' . If the landowner tag is dropped I know a fair amount of land that is gonna go " NO HUNTING ' until the owner gets a chance to get drawn , and I don't blame em .