View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
I edited above.....I see how you reached the conclusion you did but it really isn't representative of the general hunting population as I pointed out above.

The general overall hunting population has no affect on mule deer stats yet it is being used as the base in which mule deer caps are implemented.

You are comparing a population on draw to one not on draw......that doesn't work when calculating number of participants other than in the one instance which is weighted because the number of participants drawn. Look at how many applied.

The numbers we know for absolute certainty are the number of wildlife certificates and the number of bowhunting licences...

One of these numbers is semi-useful and the other isnt.

what is not known for sure is how many bird hunters also big game hunt but we do know for sure that the number of bow hunters in the general big game hunting population is less than 25%...that is not even arguable.

Post how you came up with your unarguable numbers as i am interested in your approach. My numbers appear to be arguable whereas yours are not??

How much less is open to some speculation. But you still haven't factored in the fact that most bow hunters are dual weapon hunters.....not bow hunters only...that's where things get muddy. We also know for fact that nearly 16% of all hunters in Alberta bow hunt to some degree.

At least 16% bowhunt so lets cap it at 15%... dumb math by the uninformed people who make the rules...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^