Thread: " Idle No More"
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebuck View Post
I have no problem with an indigenous Canadian making a potfull of cash, as long it is not on my tax dime. A good friend, native, is a multimillionaire, through hard work, not expecting something for nothing, and just plain smarts and seat of the ass good sense!! Does Chief Louis come to mind? I guess that is why BC(bring cash) is so bending to their every whim & wish. Perhaps you should give your cash to the nearest rez, and thank them very much for not giving you an accounting of where it went.

To back and read post #13.....if you want an accounting make a request under freedom of information. It's just far easier to make unsubstantiated accusations than it is to seek out the facts.....

On another tangent....who says its your tax dime?? Goverments, federal-provincial-municipal, collect taxes from individuals, from corporations, from value added taxes, from royalties on resources and from export taxes. (to name a few). We commonly refer to the government as the 'Crown'. You understand that the property of the 'Crown' is the property of the citizens of this country and as such as Citizens of Canada monies distributed to First Nations is just giving them a portion of their share of the wealth being held by the Crown.
It's not YOUR dime, it's ours collectively. :-)