Thread: Memoirs
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
I recently read a very interesting memoir by bern will brown, a priest in nwt in the mid 20th century. He is a talented and entertaining writer with an interesting life. Most people should be forgot they are part motive force and part inertia of civiliation and absolutely neccessary of course but as far as my family goes out with the old and in with the new
Bern Will Brown was a very talented painter as well,i have one of his prints hanging on my wall...it is the print of Colville Lake Nwt with an Eskimo paddling a kayak and a huge ice berg as a background...numbered 124 of 295..dated Aug 9th 1987 and signed by him.
Sorry for the little de-rail here,but i just had to add that his talent for painting was something else..my wife received it as a going away present from her work when we left Inuvik...he was a very respected man in the North.

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip