View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadjoe108 View Post
What I never understood was how anyone on this board, in this country or anywhere, for that matter, could encourage the government to seize anything from law abiding citizens.

There is a whole long list of parolees, cons on probation and a sex offender registry who have already been proven, beyond a reasonable doubt, in court to not obey the laws of society.

I would strongly suggest stronger guidance, control and supervision of actual offenders than regulating what joe blow uses in a hunt, at the range or just shooting for fun.

THAT is where you get results in the real world. And THAT is the right thing to do. Spending money to enforce magazine restrictions while sex offenders can "forget" to update the registry is absolute garbage. It is insulting and shows a complete lack of foresight.
For me the issue is not simply about banning assault rifles. You seem to think that anyone that supports any form of gun control is out to ban firearms. Banning assault rifles is only one of Obama's proposals to Congress. Obama and the majority of Americans want universal background checks for all gun sales. The NRA strongly opposes it. I could be wrong and you might be anti gun control for any measure but it sounds to me like universal background checks would be something that you would support.