View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 05:07 PM

Default would this ever happen

this is my first year of real fishing, like hardcore fishing. ive come to really enjoy fishing. but who cares. What ive noticed is that people keep a crap ton of fish. Through websites, being out on the lake, talking to people, i noticed people keeping way more fish than i thought. Now im not saying people shouldn't keep fish, Its just that I think the limits right now are not enough.

My Idea : would be "fish tags". you know like deer. you buy a tag per fish you keep. I think if you kept it to a reasonable prices (slightly cheaper than buying a frozen fish from T&T ) It would hopefully keep down the amount of fish being taking out down. This way you have to plan out that you wanna keep and that Alberta F&WL get a lil chunk o change for restocking programs. Also this way you could keep a "monthly tab" sorta deal where you could only buy so many tags a month. Try to keep the alberta attitude " TAKE IT ALL TILL ITS GONE" toned down abit. This is just my silly lil idea, its probly filled with flaws left right and center,

Example: you walk into walmart, go to camping desk, hand your win card, ask for 3 jack tags, 5 perch, chashier scans your card, gives you tags, you pay 5 dollar per jack, 2 per perch and your on your way fishing.