View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeywillow View Post
I been chewin' on posting for two days already.. personally, I'd be more interested to see how these sub-1/2" rifles perform when you guys take away bench, vice, etc etc & stretch their darn legs a bit...

*260... can you still shoot like that while laying in the dirt, on the ground.. off a bi-pod? Already we'll allow a rear bag. Can you do it?

Could you hold them there beyond 100, consecutively? Off a bi-pod, under spur of the moment/realistic shooting conditions ..@ 300, 400, 700 ??

0.67 is all I got... but I'll do THAT off a bi-pod, on the ground, in the snow ~ all-day ; ) ...til she fouls, haha

I'm itchin' to see long-range groupings, and how you guys' rifles stack-up then... and to see if we're still reading about these same "talkers & shooters"

fwiw...

here's 4.875" @ 725yards**
...back-up the math and (here's one of MY) 0.67" @ 100 ~ "3" consecutive shot groups**

Attachment 67665

Attachment 67666

Model 70 winchester, fiberglass stock... 264win mag w/mildly pitted factory barrel ..ball-park of 800 rounds down the pipe* Handloads.

So... Can ya?
Whiskey--You should start a thread which takes shooters away from the bench and makes 'em lay on their bellies while shooting at far away targets in "real" hunting conditions. Unfortunately, most of us are restricted to 300M and may not be able to take up your challenge. Today, at SPFGA a shooter wanted to shoot prone at the 100M board but the snow was too deep and he couldn't see the target laying down. By the sounds of your groups, you should have no problem meeting the challenge using your favorite bipod @100M. Instead of thinking up a new game, why not play with with the rest of us?
You are indeed correct regarding the difference between "talkers and shooters" and although I enjoy hearing about 3 shot groups, I feel 5 shot groups are a better indicator of demonstrating capability.
Don't pout, this is not about how I shoot..it is not a contest..it is a challenge. I met the challenge... hope you will at least try?