View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 06:37 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafhone View Post
I herd a rumour that someone got caught keeping a large pike in a wire holding pen under the ice, waiting for the ice derby to start. I also herd the culprit won 3 previous derbies. It's just a rumour and I treat it as such.
He was talking about the summer derby, where guys rigged and knowledgable can compete and play ball. I have fished the hardwater maybe 3 times in my life. Anyone that hangs a smelt down a hole has a chance at the cash. You cannot compete in a situation as such. If there are issues with the hard water scenario i have not heard of it. Please guys, show me anyone that is a return/multiple top 3 winner there besides maybe Brian Fairhurst afew years ago. He took first and second that year. Great location and he smoked 2 big hens. My buddy lost the coin toss for 2nd 3rd with a fish of equal weight, giving brian both top spots.
In the summer derby guys can compete if they have kNOWLEDGE and know how to get it done. Show me these guys that call cheaters on other competitors and i will show you someone that simply never stood a chance in ANYTHING in thier lives...

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er