View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearen09 View Post
Awesome deer congrats....

What does this mean.......
Would have been a new world record for SCI last year and possibbly B&C.
What I mean by this is that this deer was at his peak last year or the year before and has lost close to 8 inches off of each G2 and close to 4 inches off of each brow tine. The previous 2 years he looked pretty much the same with very little change between them. If you add up the lost inches that would be another 24 inches to add to the score plus if he would have lost any beam length or mass, although that is usually the only thing that they do not loose as much. He may have lost some length on his other tines as well but I have no way to reference that. I know the last 2 years his G2's were 2 inches longer than his G3's and his brows were half the length of his G2's. His G3's are 14 inches this year and his G2's are only 8 inches. I do not have pics of this deer from previous years but have notes that I have taken and have about 5 hours of veiwing this deer through a spotting scope at 800 yards plus or on private land that I could not get permission on until this year. This deer was aged at 8.5 to 9.5 years old.