View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
It's probably better that I don't read the regs. Another lake lost to the fish huggers for the sake of making it easier for them to catch big fish. Beaver Lake went from a 2 fish retention to a C&R lake. I don't fish it thank God but this trend really has me concerned. Dolberg Lake, one that I do fish and already contains "quality" fish, is currently on the list to be turned into a "Quality" fishery. So there you go, turn a lake into a "Quality" fishery, complain that the fish aren't growing big enough, and then turn it into a C&R fishery.

"The harvest of Rainbow Trout from Beaver Lake (ES2), designated as a quality Stocked Fishery (QSF), was too high under the previous 2 fish bag limit and the QSF goal to achieve at least 10% of fish being larger than 50 cm was not being met. Following public consultation, a zero limit is being implemented to meet the goal."

Yeah, right.
I wish we could get a couple more down here in the south.

Thomas Sowell