View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Banned

IMO,Airflo lines are leading the industry and are well known for there longevity....they are simply the best there is as far as I'm concerned in every aspect,taper designs,slick coatings,low stretch technology(sensitivity),and durability....you won't find a tougher,longer lasting line.
That said,I just picked up new a Rio Gold for my 5wt,mainly because it was 1/2 price and I've heard such good reviews for the most part....time will tell I suppose?Other than that,I've been gradually replacing all my lines with Airflo lines as required for the last few years.....but on that note,the aforementioned Rio Gold is replacing the 5 yr old SA GPX that is currently on my 5wt,and that is 5 hard years of use,50-100 days/yr on that line and rod combo alone as my main go-to,do it all trout rod.Truth be known,there's still a fair bit of life left in that GPX although it's a bit "softer" than new,but no cracks in it,can't complain really,it's seen a ton of use and I'm a real slacker on maintenance.I probly cleaned it once or twice at most over 5 years of hard use?I aint throwing it out just yet,put it that way.A good cleaning and line treatment and its fine,spooling it on a backup reel/spare loaner rod where it'll likely last several more seasons?