Thread: Crossbows???
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 09:19 AM

Default ???? Cross Gun????

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Just some, not all, the reasons why I hate Xguns

1. I've reported 3 people poaching with them..( firing from inside the truck)

2. People think they can shoot 100 yards ( don't try to convince them other wise)

3. Huge advantage in the prone/ready position, compared to bows.

4. Can hold in the loaded position all day

5. Newbie's, don't take the same time and pride in sighting them in ( Great entertainment at the archery shops)

To the average person, a bolt from a Xgun , looks much like an arrow. Any game wounded by xguns, that makes the news ( around populated cities) The headlines will never read Xgun bolt in Bunny...........

It's not the influx of people that scares bowhunters BuckCuller.......If that was true, bowhunters wouldn't be promoting people to pick up a bow and get out . They wouldn't be as forth coming with help , tips and even mentoring as a vast majority are...

It's the animals IMO that have the most to lose..... and in zones like the Bowzones and the open prairie zones especially..JMO

But for now they are illegal in the achery season, and that makes me happy! Except all the guys with the fake doctors notes, from their doctor friend...like my FIL's Buddy's
What is this crossgun you speak of??? I believe the debate here is about a thing called a Crossbow as define by the original poster, and reiterated by Keg....
"A crossbow is a weapon consisting of a bow mounted on a stock "

as far as my limited knowledge goes a gun shoots a projectile via an explosive reaction, where a bow fires a projectile via a string and the spring action of the bow itself........

Maybe you should start another thread to discuss this crossgun thingy you are talking about and perhaps include a picture for those of us not familiar with it???

Thanks