Thread: Crossbows???
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
A xgun is not archery tackle for one... Albertans voted and agreed on that, and that they dont belong in the archery season.... majority of your piers agree with that.

Two, many of the archery privileges bowhunters enjoy today are a direct result of hard work from organizations like the aba...... ( get it stinky?)

Alberta is full of organizations that are very specific, and many general ones as well... 3 guys crying on AO, is a far cry for support of xguns. Only a strong organization could prove me wrong, otherwise I look at it , like a few jealous guys that want to eat their cake too.
If there is that much interest in xguns, start a club and put your issues forward...jump through the hoops and get what you want. The archery association of this province does not want xguns in their club jor do they acknowledge xguns as anything similar to bows.... theyve worked hard for what they have, and wouldn't share it with a weapon that isn't a bow either...
Potty you are completely missing the point, and the highlighted section of your quote kind of shows how far out in left field you are.

How are the guys opposing your opinion in any way jealous of anything? They bow hunt the very same way you do, same way i do, etc etc. Jealousy has nothing to do with it. I hate to break it to you, but by bowhunting youre not doing anything special bud, any average monkey can go out bowhunting. It doesnt make you a hero, so again how does any sort of jealousy factor into it? Where the two asides differ is one side wants to allow other people to have the option of using a different version of a vertical bow, whereas your side seems to only want to keep it to "an exclusive club". I personally could care less if i run into a guy using an xbow while im out bowhunting. Really honestly could care less. Im confident enough in my abilities and who i am as a hunter and outdoorsmen to frankly not give a flying (you know what) when it comes to what floats the next guys boat. Just because I haul around my compound doesnt make me "an above average hunter". It doesnt grant me special privileges, and i certainly dont hold myself in higher regard than guys that shoot only rifles during deer season. Perosnally speaking to me, if factoring xbows gets another percentage of people into the hunting community its a win win for all parties involved. We are already facing declining numbers yet the ABA refuses to acknowledge that power comes in numbers. I hate to say it but guys like yourself fuel the perception that bowhunters are guys working 9-5 then going home to their top floor condo in south edmonton, spending the weekends buying the newest goretex camo, and making sny comments about the "redneck" they were forced to chat with in the field and how he's not a real hunter because he blasts away rounds from his 30-30 lever action. Its just flat out wrong that an interest group (ABA) has ANY sort of personal agenda.

Last edited by jryley; 05-23-2013 at 11:30 AM.