View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
Ehuntr, all those apparent advantages you listed r not advantages as u suggest, they r differences, but the differences in using a compound can very easily be listed and portrayed as advantages also. We go round and round every thread. Same topic twists and turns. There is no getting around it, always comes back to being just another bow when it translates to hunting....it's not going to be some miracle tool just because it's Alberta. Pure silliness.

And x1000 what sledhead said...good idea really, may do wonders to bring the TOOL some acceptance among us hunters/brothers!
Lord you are obstinate. Since when are the advantages that I listed not advantages? If it's -40 outside I can wear the bulkiest clothing I want and it won't conflict with the operation of my crossbow. If I can hold on an animal, with a crossbow, for an idefinate period of time, that is clearly an advantage over a bow. Look up advantage in the dictionary will ya. All those advantages I listed....they are all advantages. Difference......a crossbow is drawn and locked whereas a bow is drawn and released using muscle power. That is a difference. The advantage is clearly in favour of the crossbow when used in a tree stand. The advantage is clearly in favour of the bow when stalking or still hunting. Is there something wrong with me pointing out the obvious advantages of a crossbow? Why must it be downplayed in your mind?