View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehntr View Post
This is all blah, twigs, branches, jerks trigger, blah blah blah. Your telling me to hunt with it? I do hunt with it. I'm the guy with the crossbow who hunts with it Stinky. I have many, many, many, many, blown oportunitites with a compound, where the perfect tool would have been.............drumrolllllllllllllllllllllllllll lll. MY CROSSBOW. A crossbow is far superior in a tree stand. If you can't come to accept that then you don't really know much about a crossbow after all. I can at least double the amount of arrows that you fire off with your compound......using my longbows or recurves. It cracks me up when I'm lined up next to compound shooters on a range. They are so serious......take up position, locate the target, knock an arrow, draw, settle in, focus, focus, focus, focus, focus, focus lol. The release is so anti-climactic. Hey, I'm one of those too Stinky. But as far as versatility, you've got that wrong too.........trad bows are the best at being the most versatile.
I would agree with u on speed to shot with traditional gear, unsure how the traditional guys ever allowed the compound to play in the first place...pretty big jump. This here deal is but a mere baby step in comparison. But let's see who gets the first three into kill zone at 60 with me and compound vs you and yer recurve. I'm set up to hunt and speed to shot has always been important to me, I run anchor sight instead of peep etc. And i'm not recurve quick but I'm about as quick as compound guys aiming with sights is gonna be....hunter vs tool stuff though. I know plenty of rookies that seem to take forever to find game in a scope and finally find a stable enough position to feel comfortable taking a shot on an animal....but something tells me the crossbow solves all those things and the game just jumps in back of truck and guts itself right? Oh the mighty power of the crossbow. The dream tool, the weapon we've always dreamed about....oh I can't wait, how so much easier it will be to kill stuff just because of this magical weapon....LOL.

Last edited by Stinky Coyote; 06-13-2013 at 10:12 PM.