View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingMOM View Post
More than a wanna be hero.

Florida officials: Zimmerman resurfaces to rescue passenger from overturned truck

Officials in Florida say that former neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman briefly came out of hiding last week long enough to rescue the passenger of a vehicle that had overturned.

Sanford Police Department Capt. Jim McAuliffe told ABC News that Zimmerman “pulled an individual from a truck that had rolled over” at the intersection of I-4 and route 417 on July 17. Fox News reported on Monday that it had confirmed the incident with authorities in Sanford.

A report from FloridaToday.com claimed that “Zimmerman helped rescue four people from an overturned” SUV. Local 10 indicated that the vehicle was a blue Ford Explorer with two adults and two children inside.

It was the first public sighting of Zimmerman since he was acquitted for the murder of Trayvon Martin. The rescue happened less than a mile from where Zimmerman admitted to shooting and killing the 17-year-old boy.
Wow, that's amazing. He just ventures out of the house, and he's once again presented with a chance to be a hero? Man, I've never seen an overturned vehicle with people in it in my entire life. The man is a crime and danger magnet! What a way to rehabilitate your reputation.

Mind you, if I were police, I'd be checking to see if Zimm and those claiming to be rescued actually knew each other prior to the "incident".