View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Ha

Default Ha

Had to log off, exceeded my daily posting limit LOL. One reason to allow unregistered users i guess.:lol

"I'm all for a seperate muzzleloader season, as I'm sure the MZ hunters dont appreciate hunting in rifle season."

Imagine how the poor traditional bow guys feel!

"I'm for a longbow traditional season as well as a compound season.."

Well might as really get into it then. Separate season for trad gear, then compound, then crossbow, then muzzle loader/shotgun?, then lever actions/iron sights/short fat slow arse cartridges...then a final season for the real fast whizbang hi-tech 400 yrd plus stuff? What about primitive high power air rifles? Should find a nich for them too? What about a spear season? Think of all the toys one could have to hunt all them seasons. Or how bout put like toys with like toys and have longer seasons that way? Bows with bows, guns with guns? If you really want the most effective tool you can find in gun season then get a 300 wsm and practice to 500 yrds etc. if you wanna have some fun with a character tool then get a muzzle loader. Same idea for the bows.

"As for getting up on 180 class deer....its not a single instance. I usually do it over 3-4 times a year on most years. With a crossbow, and less movement, those deer would be dead. I've tried to train myself to shoot my bow laying down, but simply cannot do it easily enough with enough accuracy or confidence. With a crossbow, I think I could lay down and shoot with no problems. Not sure why some crossbow advocates want to show the disadvantages.....thats an advantage to me. I'd gladly shoot a 180+ deer laying down with a crossbow.....lol"

I'm with sheep on the cumbersome thing. I haven't tried to haul one around like he has yet but i can see it having its own disadvantages also. Like i said before, may or may not help that one particular circumstance but overall...very small differences in what happens in the stats. There are a million ways to screw up a stalk and most guys will find one of them before its time...the crossbow won't make that big a difference in reality.

"Anyways, this will go in circles, and I'm not sure I'm interested in going for 6 pages in circles, so I'll leave my responses to that for a while."

Ahh, your about to hit your limit in posting for the day anyhow. :lol

B