View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Blakeinator2

Default Re: Cross bows

"Bowhunter numbers are not declining and as I said the ABA numbers were up!( I think about 25% this year!)"

ABA's main argument is based on a definition....that 'archery' equipment means to be 'held at draw'. Therefore no crossbows in 'archery seasons'. They'll probably win lots of battles fighting on that leg too.

They don't care that in the real world of hunting etc. it is a bow. Its so similar in capability to the compound bow that the traditional equipment isn't even in the same league...yet they fight it. They fight overall good for the hunting community period...imo.

I agree with everything else the ABA stands for except this, not sure why they think this way on this subject but thats life...would be boring as heck if everything was perfect.

I wonder if they supported it what their membership % of growth would be this year?....and then again a year or two after the crossbow was actually included? My own guess is it would be much higher than 25%....I see this as a huge opportunity the ABA is missing out on...they could be leading this thing/growing this thing/teaching it etc. etc. etc. They could be getting it in where it fits in best at first etc. etc. They could be encouraging it in the bowzones to study it first etc.

Nope, just fight it to the bitter end.

B