View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 04:58 PM

Yes, secure storage is the law. As you mention, those in the safes etc were left alone.

Regardless of personal feelings, the law is the law. You can't vacate your house and leave unsecured firearms. That's the law, whether we like it or not. The problem is, if people left unsecured firearms in their vacant homes for vandals to access, the police seemed to have done their job and seized them, which they have every right to do. A locked (house) door does not make the firearm secure; a gun safe etc does and I doubt many safes were seized...

We can argue until we're blue in the face, it's not what we feel is right or wrong, it's what the law reads. It's up to the politicians (which we elect) to change the laws, not the police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotwade View Post
I have first hand info on this. My brothers house was entered and 12 guns were seized
They were in a rack beside his gunsafes that contained 47 more guns. The 12 seized were returned and even cased. All secured were untouched. What is the problem. There were 23 restricted left in there place.